June 22nd -- All Things Diagnostic - Navigating the Codes!
What are the new CDT codes for 2021 for imaging?
So many image CDT codes: capture only, capture and interpretation, cone beam scans, intraoral, extraoral - where do we begin with selecting the proper code?
We will discuss documenting medical necessity for radiographs, the use of x-ray protocols and how it can negatively affect your practice and reimbursement.
Get your questions answered with a live Q&A session following the presentation.
- Understand how to select the proper CDT code for diagnostic imaging.
- Learn how to document to prove medical necessity.
- Gain knowledge of common plan limitations affecting reimbursement.
Earn one (1) CE credit
2 Sessions to Choose From:
- 1st Session: Tuesday, June 22nd, 2021 @ 1pm EST or
- 2nd Session: Tuesday, June 22nd, 2021 @ 7:30pm EST
Duration: 60 minutes
$98 per user after June 1st.
Speaker: Dilaine Gloege, CDA, CPC
Sponsor: Dental Claims Academy
*Users must have a Zoom account or must register prior to registration. You are required to use the Zoom account that you registered with when viewing the webinar.
To register you must have a Zoom account, or register for one for free.
After you register, you will receive instructions via email for our Zoom session, along with a room number and password.
Please make sure to use the same email used to register when you log in and attend the session. This will ensure you will be able to access the training.
Please download the latest version of Zoom prior to the event. No refunds will be given up to 24 hours prior to the event. This event is presented by Dental Claims Academy.
There are 47 CDT codes for dental imaging. And 11 of them are brand new in 2021.
We will discuss documenting medical necessity for radiographs, the use of X-ray protocols and how it can negatively affect your practice and reimbursement.
In addition to focusing on radiographic images, this course will review other diagnostic procedures such as evaluations, oral cancer screening, assessments, and other common diagnostic testing performed in the dental practice.
A live Q&A session will be included following the presentation.
About Your Instructor, Dilaine Gloege, CDA, CPC
Dilaine Gloege is a Certified Dental Assistant, an AAPC Certified Professional Coder, and a member of the Academy of Dental Management Consultants.
She brings over 35 years of dental experience. Dilaine joined the team of billing experts at Dental ClaimSupport in July of 202 as Director of Education and Brand Management, and Chief Claims Officer.
Most recently Dilaine worked alongside Dr. Charles Blair as Call Center Support Supervisor for his Insurance Solutions Newsletter and PracticeBooster where she has helped thousands of practices with coding and insurance questions for both medical and dental claims.
Dilaine has worked with Dr. Blair and team developing the following new publications: Diagnostic coding for dental claim submission, Administration with Confidence, and Medical Dental Cross Coding with Confidence.
Dilaine was a contributing author to Insurance Solutions Newsletter, Coding with Confidence, Administration with Confidence, and Medical Dental Cross Coding with Confidence. Additionally, Dilaine worked with Dr. Blair and team developing content for educational programs presented as lectures, workshops and webinars. She also shares her knowledge and passion for dentistry in her speaking, webinar presentations, and consulting with dental teams nationwide.
Click below to purchase past webinars on demand!
Dentistry continues to evolve as technology advances, especially pertaining to implant services. Don’t get left behind! The CDT implant services section can be one of the most challenging and confusing code sections to understand. Proper coding ensures appropriate and maximum reimbursement. This course will address procedure codes for implant associated procedures such as evaluations, radiographic images and CBCT scans, abutment and implant supported crowns, bridges, dentures - removable and fixed and the maintenance of implants and prostheses.
Lack of specificity in clinical documentation can be a tremendous risk for the dental practice. Documentation is not all about getting reimbursed from insurance, it is proving medical necessity while ensuring quality patient care. Each dental team member plays an important role in record keeping, and it is vital each team member understands how to document correctly. In this course, we will review the most common pitfalls of documentation and how to avoid them. Failure to document properly can be costly for your dental practice - safeguard your practice with proper documentation.
Even the most seasoned dental team member should go back to the basics on occasion. This course will be beneficial for all dental team members including those new to dental insurance. The treating Doctor is ultimately responsible for all insurance submitted to an insurance payer. To ensure proper submission of claims, the team should keep up with the ever changing world of dealing with insurance.
All dentists discount fees on occasion. How often is too often? What is copay forgiveness and is it appropriate? In this webinar we will discuss when and how to apply a discount and about the legality of copay forgiveness. If you are giving patients discounts then this course is a must! A Q&A session will follow at the end of the presentation.
- Learn how apply a discount when insurance is involved
- Understand the legality of copay forgiveness
- Gain awareness of how discounting and copay forgiveness relates to overbilling and misrepresentation of fees
CDT 2021 update
- CDT procedure codes are reviewed and updated on an annual basis. CDT 2021 is effective for all dates of service beginning January 1, 2021. It is important for the entire dental team to review all CDT changes to ensure compliance and prevent claims processing delays. The deletion or addition of one word in a code nomenclature or descriptor can affect how the code is utilized. Don’t wait until denials are received because a deleted code was submitted, educate your team now. A Q&A session will follow the presentation.
- In depth review of CDT 2021 new, revised and deleted codes
- Learn who maintains CDT and how code changes are determined
- Learn coding guidelines when selecting the proper code
Audience: Dentists, Dental Assistants, Hygienists, Business Team Members, Office Managers
PPOs: The Ins and Outs
- Navigating PPOs can be challenging, to say the least. We will discuss key points of PPOs and how to administer PPO claims. A few of those key points are fee capping of non-covered services, optional services, when to submit claims (prep or seat), and much more! Q&A session at the end of the presentation.
- Distinguish PPO contract basics
- Understanding Processing Policy Manuals and its common provisions
- Gain a clear understanding of how to determine when you can charge your full fee for a non-covered service
Navigating the maze of dual insurance. Dilaine Gloege and your host Josh Smith address several issues offices face when dealing with coordination of benefits.